Skin name: Ampetyane
Language: Eastern Arrernte
Date of birth: Tuesday, 3 December 1974
From: Ross River (Father's country) Harry Creek (Mother's country)
My name is Rosina Ryder and I have lived here at Ltyentye Apurte all my life. Since I was young girl I always wanted to paint and to know and learn more about paint and brushes etc. I wanted to know how to mix colours.
Now I am working here at Keringke Arts and my jobs include mixing colours and looking after other artists in the studio, making sure that they have the art materials they need. I look after the art studio and materials, driving to pick up the artists at home or dropping them off. I work in the office too, picking up the mails and getting morning tea for artists, using the computer to do sales.
I love colour, and in my painting I use a lot of strong colours; I think they look really good and it makes me feel good to do it well too.
Over the past few years Rosina has attended many training opportunities, completing Indigenous Leadership training in 2009.
She has represented Keringke at several indigenous conferences.
In 2010 Rosina was elected chair of the Keringke Committee, in 2011 she became Keringke Arts assistant manager.
paintings on ceramics, paintings on canvas
- 1999 Keringke Solo Show, Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 1999 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 1999 Sydney NSW A Picture of Desart
- 1999 Rainbow Serpent Gallery, Fox Studios, Sydney NSW
- 2000 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2000 St Kevins College Exhibition, Melbourne Victoria
- 2001 Putting in the Colour – Silks from the Centre, Lauraine Diggins Fine Art, Melbourne, Vic
- 2001 Grandfather and Grandson’s Country – Coomalie Cultural Centre
- 2001 Batchelor College, Batchelor, NT
- 2001 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2007 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2007 Centred Art Gallery Clayfield/Brisbane QLD
- 2008 Ulladulla Art Gallery Sydney NSW
- 2009 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluan Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2010 Desert Mob Art Show, Araluan Art Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2009 Spirit of Downunder, The Rocks, Sydney
- 2007 Artwork reproduced under licence for tie – Australian Tie Co.
- 2007 Artwork reproduced for JB Books blank journals
- 2002 Australian Fine China Artwork reproduced under licence for Community Aid Abroad
- 2001 Calendar Artist-in-Residence – Mulgara Gallery, Ayers Rock
- 1999 Representative Keringke Arts – Fox Studies, Rainbow Serpent Exhibition
- 2010 Corporate Gift from Desert People’s Centre to Federal Minister of Education
- 2008 Representative of Keringke Arts at Ulladulla Art Gallery Sydney
- 2010 Our Art Our Place Our Way, Arts worker Training at Keringke Arts; Kulumun Journal, Newcastle University